The August 2022 meeting of the Houston chapter of INS was called to order by President, Pam Clark, August 18, 2022. The meeting was held at Season’s 52 and sponsored Argenx. Our speaker for the evening was Papiya Somasundaram, Ph.D. She shared an interesting educational program on Vyvgart in the treatment of refractory Myasthenia Gravis. For any questions regarding this treatment or her drug, she has provided her email address: email@example.com.
Board members in attendance: Pam Clark, Robin Allcorn and Jo Stewart. Loni Mercer was not present.
- Treasurer report: $3562.08
- In October we will be voting for new board members. Pam Clark will send an email with the duties for each position. If you would like to nominate yourself or another, please do. The current board members are willing to accept another 2 year term if voted to do so. You must be a voting member or one who has paid national dues. Currently, there are 10 members who are eligible to be voting members. We encourage all members to become active with the national and our local chapter.
- Local dues are $30 per year and those members who pay the local dues only, will be considered “Non-voting” members.
- There was a small turnout for this meeting. There were 45 RSVP responses and only 15 attended. Weather may have been a factor but it is important that we fill those venues.
- You may find our new website at: greaterhoustonchapterofins.com So work is still being done on the site.
- Please make sure your email addresses are clearly written and you have signed in for the sponsors. Email addresses will be used for you to receive updates and future invitations.
- IGNS will be held September 29-October 2, 2022 in Washington D.C. “It is still not too late to register.”
- Next INS meeting is scheduled for September 15. Invitations should go out by the end of August. If you have not received your invitation by then, please contact Pam Clark to confirm the email she has for you on file.
- Be sure to RSVP. Should something come up, let Pam or the Sponsor know. Our venues are limited and our membership is large. Our sponsors incur huge costs for these lovely evenings and we want every chair filled!
- A request to silence cell phones and limit personal conversations until after the presentation was made.
- Thank you email was sent to Papiya Somasundaram and the INS board was copied.
Secretary, INS Houston Chapter
Robin Allcorn, RN BSN